What Can You Do With a Computer Support Certificate?
Pass the CompTIA A+ exam. That’s the industry standard and what employers expect. With your certification, you can work as:
- Computer support specialist
- Customer support specialist
- Computer technician
- IT specialist
- Technical support specialist
- Desktop support specialist
- Help desk analyst
- Help desk technician
Every Day Is Different
You might start each help call by asking the user to turn their computers off then on again. After that, there’s no telling. Recent updates, uninstalled patches, confusing manuals—you’ll face mysteries. You’ll dig deep into your knowledge well to find solutions. It’s a rewarding and exciting experience, especially with the different fields you can enter.
Whether it’s recovering a document or connecting to the right server, every issue is important to the people or businesses you help. Your job is to help people get back on track and navigate around this high-tech world.
Computer Support Cert.: What to Expect
- 12 total units
- A grade of C or higher in all required courses
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
Computer Business Applications for Windows (CIS 070A) | 3.00
Microcomputer Support Specialist A+ Training (CS 001) | 3.00
Introduction to Computer Science (CS 073) | 3.00
Visual Basic Programming I (CS 086) | 3.00
What You Learn
- Prep to pass the CompTIA A+ certificate test.
- Create computer apps using common programming techniques and object-oriented design.
- Understand the fundamentals of software applications and hardware development.