Title IX: Reporting & Awareness
If a student reports that they have been a victim of sexual assault, sexual harassment, or sexual misconduct, the student has options on how to proceed. The most important thing is that the student is safe and is not in imminent danger.
|What Would the Student Like to Do?||Contact||Number|
|Report a Title IX incident||Jane Kwon, Title IX Coordinator||760.366.3791 ext. 5280|
|Make an appointment to talk to a counselor||CMC Counseling Services||760.366.3791 ext. 4232|
|File a Police Report||Off-Campus||911 or 760.366.3781|
|File a Report: The incident involved a CMC Student||CMC Campus Security||760.366.3791 ext. 5325|
|File a Report: The incident involved a CMC Employee||Human Resources||760.366.3791 ext. 5267|
If a Student Is in Distress:
- Listen non-judgmentally. Accept the experience as the student describes it. Articulate clearly that you believe the student and want to provide support in any way you can.
- Validate the student’s feelings.
- Assure the student that it is not their fault. Self-blame is common among victims of sexual violence.
- Do not make judgmental comments. Do not comment on what could have been done differently or make statements that imply that the student could have avoided the harassment or assault.
- Be sympathetic. However, do not let your own emotions get in the way of supporting the student.
- Discuss options. Show them the sexual harassment policy.
- Get support. Do not hesitate to seek advice from individuals who are in a position to help. It is not necessary to give names or details of the incident to obtain initial support and to learn more about options.
Off-Campus Crisis Counseling
|Off-Campus Resources||Contact Number|
|Morongo Basin Unity Home (24 hours)||760.366.9663|
|One Stop TAY Center (16-25 years old)||760.853.4888|
|Bureau of Victims Services||760.366.5740|
|Morongo Basin Sexual Assault Services||760.369.3353|
|National Sexual Assault Hotline-Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) |
|Hi-Desert Behavioral Health Services|
57407 29 Palms Hwy, Ste. F, Yucca Valley
|Crisis Walk-in Center|
7203 Demosa Ave. #2, Yucca Valley
|855.365.6558 or 760.365.2233|
- Afraid to Leave, Afraid to Stay
- It’s On Us Campaign
- Who Are You (Bystander)
- Campus Clarity: 2 Minute Lesson on “What is Consent?”