What Can You Do With a CADD Certificate?
Computer-Aided Design & Drafting (CADD) is all about setting up a blueprint for the thing you’re about to make. That thing can be anything from a simple pen to the next rocket ship, and it all starts here. Skill with CADD leads to jobs like these:
- Civil engineering technician
- Architectural drafter
- Game tester
- CADD designer
- AutoCAD drafter
- Civil drafter
- Electronics drafter
- Mechanical drafter
- GIS technician
In addition, other professions use CADD skills to bring their plans to reality, including architects and engineers.
Get a Head Start On Your Future
Start your career with in-demand skills. Learn how to use industry standard software while developing your design and drafting abilities. Get hands-on experience collaborating with classmates while earning a certificate that’s sure to put you above the rest.
Develop Cross Industry Skills
Computer-aided design and drafting uses many cross-industry skills. What you learn from this Copper Mountain College program can be used across different fields, like architecture and game design. You’re taught by experts focused on giving you the skills you need to take the next step. All you need to do is apply.
Computer-Aided Design & Drafting Cert.: What to Expect
- 12 units of required courses
- A grade of C or higher in all required courses
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
Introduction to Computer-Aided Design & Drafting Fundamentals (CADD 001) | 3.00
Intermediate Computer-Aided Design & Drafting Fundamentals (CADD 002) | 3.00
Advanced Computer-Aided Design & Drafting Fundamentals (CADD 003) | 3.00
Dimensional Computer-Aided Design & Drafting & 3-D Printing CADD 004) | 3.00
What You Learn
- AutoCAD and other industry standard software
- Concepts and terminology used in drafting, design, and computers
- To draw, modify, and work with layers in the software
- How to complete an accurate representation of a complex 2-D object
- Rendering and animation
- Advanced 3-D drafting and printing
- How to prepare for and conduct a professional job search