Getting through college should be easy, but things happen. Sometimes, you need a little more help than usual, and that’s where CMC comes in.
Welcome to EOPS
Whether you are planning to transfer, working towards an associate degree, certificate, or just picking up some valuable work skills, the Copper Mountain College EOPS program is here to support you in achieving your educational goals.
What Is EOPS?
EOPS is a state-funded program serving academically and financially disadvantaged students with counseling and other support services to ensure the completion of educational goals. Student success is our number one priority, and the EOPS assists eligible students to reach their goals through academic, personal, and transfer counseling, a book service program to assist with textbooks, and other support services.
How Do I Qualify?
The qualifications for the CMC EOPS program are:
- Be a California resident
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units
- Apply for financial aid and qualify for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG)
- Be educationally disadvantaged, as determined by EOPS criteria
- Have less than 70 degree applicable college units
What Services Does EOPS Offer?
- Individualized academic, transfer, and personal counseling
- Priority registration
- 4 California State University fee waivers
- 4 University of California application fee waivers
- Assistance with obtaining books through the Book Service, Book Loan, and Book Exchange Programs
- Transfer assistance
- Backpack and supply card
- Meal and gas cards
- Parking permit
- Academic Awards banquet for students with a GPA above 3.0
- Letters of recommendation
- Cap and gown Purchase for commencement (graduation ceremony)
- Fall: April 1st to April 30th
- Spring: November 1st to November 30th
How Do I Apply?
You can apply through your MY CMC Portal, at the EOPS counter, or click the application link below print, complete, and bring it to the EOPS counter.
How Do I Know I’m Accepted?
Your application will not be processed until we have received all the required documents. Once your completed application is received and has been processed, you will receive an email from EOPS notifying you of your acceptance or denial.
What Other Programs Are Within EOPS?
The Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) program provides services to students who are single heads of household with a dependent(s) who is under the age of 18 years old. The CARE program works in conjunction with EOPS to provide support to CalWORKs students.
The Office of EOPS
Copper Mountain College
6162 Rotary Way
P.O. Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
EOPS is located in the Office of Student Services in the 300 Quad, next to Jorge’s.
Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Summer Hours June to July
Monday – Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
We are closed on all legal and college holidays.