What Can You Do With a CIS Degree?
A CIS degree from Copper Mountain College of Computer Information Systems can lead to work as:
- Computer and information systems manager
- Computer systems analyst
- Software engineer
- Web developer
- Database manager
- Game designer
- Computer support specialist
Go Your Own Direction
A CIS degree opens many doors, including some you may not have thought about. You even have the option of continuing your education to focus on a specialty, like AI or game design. Wherever you go, the skills you earn from Copper Mountain College will take you far.
Right Brain & Left Brain
Many jobs in the CIS field require creativity as well as technical skills. Your whole brain will get a workout as you solve complex puzzles in software development, algorithmic logic, and database queries.
Computer Information Systems AS: What to Expect
- 24 units of required courses
- 18 units of restricted electives
- 60 total units
- A grade of C or higher in all required courses
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
Computer Keyboarding I (CIS 050) | 2.00
Computer Business Applications for Windows (CIS 070A) | 3.00
Word I (CIS-076B) | 3.00
Excel I (CIS-072D) | 3.00
Access Database Management (CIS 073C) | 3.00
Excel II (CIS-074) | 3.00
Word II (CIS-078B) | 3.00
Introduction to Computer Science (CS-073) | 3.00
Visual Basic Programming I (CS-086) | 3.00
Restricted electives — choose 6 classes:
BUAA 001, BUAC 010, BUAC 066, BUMA 010, CS 001, CS 003, CS 004,
CS 005, CS 080, CS 087, CS 089, CS 089A, CIS 030, CIS 062, CIS 063,
CIS 082C, CIS 082H, CIS 086 | 3.00
What You Learn
- Solve real-world problems using the right software.
- Match web design solutions to business goals.
- Create workflow processes so a team can solve problems effectively.
- Work with text, graphics, and color to design high quality publications.
- Skills to go to work right away, helping businesses thrive.