What Can You Do With an Automotive Air Conditioning and Heating Certificate?
With a certificate in automotive AC and heating services and repair, there’s a lot you can end up doing. CMC graduates go on to work as:
- Automotive service technician
- Automotive HVAC technician
Making the Complex Simple
Adjusting a car’s temperature is as simple as turning a knob, but the workings under the hood are a different story. A complex system of mechanics keeps the AC and heating working in a car, and it’s your job to keep it running. After completing your program, you’ll diagnose and find solutions to this technology with ease.
Hard Work & Smart Work
Fixing a car’s air conditioning and heater is hard work, especially with all the moving parts, both big and small. You need to know where each of the parts go, how they work together, and how to repair and replace them. At CMC, you’ll know how to work hard and work smart with these systems as you come to understand each part perfectly.
Automotive Heating & Air Conditioning Services & Repair Cert.: What to Expect
- 16 units of required courses
- A grade of C or higher in all required courses
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
Principles of Automotive Technology (AUTO 004) | 4.00
Automotive Electrical Systems (AUTO 020) | 4.00
Automotive Engine Repair (AUTO 044) | 4.00
Automotive Heating & Air Conditioning (AUTO 060) | 4.00
What You Learn
- Know the ins and outs of a car’s heating and air conditioning unit for the ASE A7 certification.
- Know how to use automotive test equipment to diagnose cooling and heating troubles, why they happened, and how much it will cost to fix.
- Read and understand a vehicle service history to help diagnose and fix a car’s AC & heating system while documenting the service to add to the service history.
- Demonstrate proper use and safety practices when using tools, power equipment, and other heavy machinery.
- Know how to work separately and in a team to repair and maintain cars and other vehicles.
- Handle customer service tasks and challenges with professionalism and clear communication