Short- & Long-Term Goals
You have ideas about where you want to go—for college and in your life. Turn those ideas into clear, workable plans at Copper Mountain College.
Starting here, you can save money, learn in smaller classes, and complete the first two years of your four-year degree. You can also afford to look around, try a class in a new area, strengthen yourself, test yourself, and set solid short- and long-term goals for your education.
At Copper Mountain, you can pick a transfer degree that aligns clearly with your future university and future major. Or, you can choose a more general transfer degree; most university degrees begin with a “general education” classes.
As you explore possible transfer paths, keep an eye out for degrees that have a “T” at the end. These programs guarantee transfer to a CSU, and some also guarantee transfer to certain UCs.
Events, info & guidance to plan the perfect transfer.
See if your intended university already has an agreement for guiding transfers from CMC.
Copper Mountain Catalog
“General Education” fits different patterns. Find the one you need.
You may have already completed some of these steps. That’s OK. It’s our rough guide for building and following through on the plan to achieve your goals. As your ideas become goals, you’ll be able to skip over some steps and arrive at later ones earlier. Make it work for you.
Your credits will transfer—they’ll transfer more effectively with planning. Start today.
Semester 1: Identify Your Transfer Options
- Explore our Guided Pathways to see which one best aligns with your future employment goal.
- Research and select your desired four-year transfer university.
- Review that university’s catalog for program degree requirements.
- Meet with a CMC counselor to discuss your transfer options and what courses you should take while at CMC.
- Work your transfer plan into your First-Year Plan.
Semester 2: Develop Your Transfer Plan
- Contact an advisor from your selected four-year university to review your transfer options and discuss your course schedule and future.
- Explore financial aid and transfer scholarship options.
- Confirm deadlines and requirements.
- Plan a campus visit or to attend a transfer fair.
Semester 3: Update Your Transfer Plan
- Research your selected university’s deadlines, including application deadline and dates to apply for financial aid and scholarships.
- Explore the university’s application fees and deposits.
- Visit your selected university through an in-person visit or a virtual tour.
Semester 4: Complete Your Transfer Plan
- Choose your university.
- Submit an admissions application and applications for financial aid and scholarships.
- Complete all requirements for university enrollment, including sending your final transcript.
- Apply for graduation from CMC.