What Can You Do With an Alternative Fuel Vehicles Certificate?
The certificate program allows you to get experience working on hybrid, electric, and other types of innovative vehicles, giving you a head start on your career. Graduates of CMC’s certificate program go on to work as:
- Alternative fuel vehicle technician
- Auto mechanic
- Automotive service technician
- Automotive specialty technician
- Hydrogen/hybrid/electric vehicle technician
- Service writer
- Heavy line technician
Expertise in a Built-in Specialty
The Alternative Fuel Vehicles certificate program gives you a built-in specialty for a high-demand job. Expert instructors guide you through an overview of how alternative fuel vehicles work and how to repair and maintain them. Gain experience working on everything from the electrical systems to the transmission, giving you everything you need to enter the industry. You’ll finish your program knowing that any car that you come across is in good hands.
Working on the Future of Transportation
You already know alternative fuel vehicles are the future. Advancements are happening every day, and there’s no slow-down in sight. Your well-versed instructors know what you need to know and are focused on passing their knowledge to you. Don’t just stand around and let the future pass you by. Now is the time to jump into an ever-growing field that will have you working on the future of transportation.
Automotive Alternative Fuel Vehicles Cert.: What to Expect
- 23 units of required courses
- A grade of C or higher in all required courses
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
Principles of Automotive Technology (AUTO 004) | 4.00
Engine Performance I (AUTO 018) | 4.00
Introduction to Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Technology (AUTO 028) | 3.00
Automotive Electrical Systems I (AUTO 020) | 4.00
Automatic Transmission & Transaxles (AUTO 045) | 4.00
Hybrid & Alternative Fuel Vehicles (AUTO 078) | 4.00
What You Learn
- Prepare for the ASE L3 certification by learning how to work on hybrid and alternative fuel vehicles.
- Learn how to use car test equipment that’s related to hybrid and alternative fuel cars to diagnose, analyze, evaluate level of care, and write a cost estimate of repairs.
- Use service info to find and document any repairs that were done on hybrid and alternative fuel cars.
- Learn how to properly use common auto repair tools, lab equipment, and machines by following common safety practices.
- Work alone and in a team to diagnose, fix, and upkeep different types of cars.
- Show you can be professional with coworkers and customers even during complaints or special challenges.