Transfer Center

Services we provide 

• Counseling
• Workshops
• University Admissions Advisor Visits
• Transfer Application Assistance
• University Transfer Fairs
• Annual Transfer Center Scholarship
• Annual Transfer Celebration Luncheon
• University Tours
• College Catalog & Reference Library to assist in Researching Transfer Opportunities
• Articulation & Tuition Reduction Agreements

University Information
University Representative Visits

Transfer Events & University Representative Visits Picture

Fall 2019 dates coming soon.

A Degree with a Guarantee

ADT Degrees Button

The Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act guarantees admission to a California State University (CSU) campus for any community college student who completes an “associate degree for transfer”, a newly established variation of the associate degrees traditionally offered at a California community college.

The Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or the Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing these degrees (AA-T or AS-T) are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. In order to earn one of these degrees, students must complete a minimum of 60 required semester units of CSU-transferable coursework with a minimum GPA of 2.0. Students transferring to a CSU campus that does accept the AA-T or AS-T will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree (unless the major is a designated “high-unit” major).

This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a university or college that is not part of the CSU system.  Students should consult with a counselor when planning to complete the degree for more information on university admission and transfer requirements.

What does this mean to CMC students?

  • By following this degree pattern, you will complete the general education requirements for the CSU General Education Breadth Requirements.
  • You will be ready to apply to the CSU (California State University).
  • You will have completed the Major Preparatory Requirements for your degree program.

Students who complete the requirements for an AA-T or AS-T are guaranteed:

  • Junior standing at the CSU
  • Priority admission consideration over all other transfer students when applying to a CSU Baccalaureate (BA/BS) degree program that has been deemed similar to the student’s community college area of emphasis.
  • The transfer associate degree student will only be required to complete 60 additional prescribed units to qualify for the similar BA/BS degree.


The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:

  1. Completion of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
  2. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
  3. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better. A “P” (Pass) grade is not an acceptable grade for the courses in the major.
  4. Certified completion of the California State University General Education Breadth pattern (CSU GE Breadth) or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.

Please Note: Course Substitutions MAY NOT be used for courses being used toward an AA-T or AS-T.

Copper Mountain College currently offers Associate Degrees for Transfer in the following Majors:

Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T)

  • Anthropology
  • Art History
  • Communication Studies
  • Economics
  • English
  • History
  • Political Science
  • Psychology
  • Social Science
  • Sociology
  • Studio Arts

Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T)

  • Administration of Justice
  • Business Administration
  • Computer Science
  • Early Childhood Education
  • Mathematics

Additional majors are being developed. Please see a counselor for more information.

More information regarding Associate Degrees for Transfer can be found at the following websites:

The California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office

The California State University

Articulation Agreements

This articulation webpage has information about how CMC courses meet requirements for transfer to 4 year colleges and universities.  This includes courses used for general education, preparation for the major and elective credit for private colleges and universities.

You will find information for transfer to the University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) in the ASSIST website.

You will also find articulated courses for other California Community Colleges (CCC) on ASSIST.

Private colleges and universities are not included in ASSIST.  We have provided you with a list of some of the schools that we have agreements with.  If you do not see your school of choice please go to that school’s website and search for “articulation agreements”.

When the word “articulation” is used in education it refers to the formal process of reviewing courses for equivalency between a community college and a university.  An articulation agreement is an agreement between a community college and a four-year university (public or private/independent).  It specifies which CMC classes may be transferred to meet general education, major requirements and electives.  These agreements maintained by the Articulation Officer facilitate the successful transfer of students from CMC to baccalaureate level colleges and universities.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation is the process of evaluating courses to determine whether coursework completed at one college will meet the requirements for admission, transfer credit, general education, or major preparation at another college. An Articulation Agreement is an agreement between community and four-year colleges which indicate the acceptability of courses in transfer toward meeting specific degree requirements. See  as it is the official repository of California public institutions’ articulation agreements.

A Transfer Guide only gives one way articulation from the community college to the university.  If a student takes a course at a community college, that student knows it will transfer to the university and be counted as the articulated course.  However, if a student takes a course at the university, then transfers to the community college, that student has no guarantee how the course will transfer and be used by the community college. 

Articulation Agreements for Public Colleges and Universities

ASSIST For the CSUs, UCs and CCC systems

Directions for Using ASSIST

IGETC General Education Pattern accepted at California Independent Colleges and Universities

Transfer Guides for Private/Independent Colleges and Universities

Regional Accreditation:  
Regional accreditation is a term used in the United States to refer to the process by which one of the educational accreditation bodies reviews institutions and ensures that educational standards are met.

The following are the regional accrediting agencies for educational institutions in the United States:  CMC is WASC accredited.

Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA) – Educational institutions in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands, as well as schools for American children in Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.

New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) – Educational institutions in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA) – Educational institutions in Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, New Mexico, South Dakota, Wisconsin, West Virginia, and Wyoming. The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is an independent corporation and one of two commission members of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).

Northwest Association of Accredited Schools – for primary and secondary schools and Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)  for postsecondary institutions in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) – Educational institutions in Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee and Texas.

Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) – Educational institutions in California, Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, Micronesia, Palau, and Northern Marianas Islands.

Why is Regional Accreditation better for you?
Regionally accredited higher education institutions are predominantly academically oriented, non-profit institutions. Nationally accredited schools are predominantly for-profit and offer vocational, career or technical programs. Standards for nationally accredited schools tend to be lower.  Every college has the right to set standards and refuse to accept transfer credits. However, if a student has gone to a nationally accredited school it may be particularly difficult to transfer credits (or even receive credit for a degree earned) if he or she then applies to a regionally accredited college or university. Some regionally accredited colleges have general policies against accepting any credits from nationally accredited schools, others are reluctant to because they feel that these schools’ academic standards are lower than their own or they are unfamiliar with the particular school.  Caution is recommended if a student intends to enroll in a nationally accredited school with the future intention of transferring to a regionally accredited school.   The student should first check with the regionally accredited school they plan to attend insuring the units from the nationally accredited school are transferable.   Students are advised to check with a counselor at their current school if they have questions regarding accreditation.

Other Accreditation:
Beyond regional accreditation there are programs that require additional accreditations that are linked to academic programs.  For example: students who are interested in becoming Registered Dietetic Technicians or Registered Dieticians must attend a program that is CADE accredited.  It is recommended that you check with the faculty who teaches in the major if you have questions about program specific accreditation.

Transfer Admission Guarantee



California State University

California State University Picture

The California State University is the nation’s largest and most affordable public four-year university system and one of the most diverse.  Directly or indirectly, every Californian is touched by the CSU.  It educates the majority of California’s teachers and nearly 8 percent of the nation’s teachers. The CSU’s three million alumni are employed in every field across the world and support over 150,000 jobs, generating spending of more than $17 billion.

Filing Dates for Fall:  October 1 – November 30
CSU Application:
CSU Application Instructions:
CSU Application help Movies:

Degree with a Guarantee Picture

Getting an AA-T or an AS-T Degree makes it easy to transfer from a Copper Mountain College into the CSU system. Check out our degree options to find one that’s right for you.

CMC students who complete a new AA-T or AS-T are guaranteed admission to the California State University (CSU) system. With this new degree, you have the opportunity to complete two degrees with only 120 units if you apply and are admitted into a similar degree program.

When you complete an AA-T or AS-T, you are given a special GPA advantage when applying to CSU impacted campuses or majors. You will also enter the CSU system with junior standing.

CSU Campuses Open for Spring 2017

  • CSU Channel Islands, Business and Psychology until November 1, 2016
  • CSU Dominguez Hills, Applied Studies and Nursing until November 3, 2016

For more information, go to

Map of CSUs
University of California

University of California Links Picture

You can use the Transfer Admission Planner to enter your coursework (completed and planned) from the very beginning of your college career, or at any point when they decide to transfer to a UC campus.

The planner helps you track their progress toward meeting UC’s minimum requirements, and allows UC staff to communicate important information to you about your major and other important information for transfer students.

Map of UCs

Regular Hours:
Monday-Thursday 8:15a-5:00p
Friday 8:15a-3:00p

Transfer Center Coordinator
Cassie Nafziger, ext. 5867

Campus Experience & Transfer Specialist
Joshua King, ext. 5895

Sign up for the CMC Transfer Center email list to receive important information on transfer events. Email us  and put “TC Email List” in the subject line.

Our Mission is our commitment to prepare students to successfully transfer to both public and private baccalaureate-granting educational institutions by providing information, education, and support services.