Getting Started: Apply / Orientation

Discover YOUR Success – Get MORE for your money

MORE: MORE opportunities for jobs
MORE: Guaranteed to transfer to MORE universities
MORE: Your degree opens doors to higher salaries and MORE

Getting Started: Apply / Orientation

1. Fill Out Application for Admission Online

Click here to Apply Online! Students must complete an online application for admission prior to taking the assessment test. Please note it takes 24 hours for your application to upload to CMC’s database. You will begin receiving emails from CMC once your applicaiton is accepted. Be sure to read these emails for Next Steps and other useful information.


Please see Admissions & Records for additional information. Student Checklist

2. Complete Orientation Online

  • Online orientation is available through MyCMC, your student portal.
  • Click here to log into My CMC.
  • Please note the orientation is in Flash. If you need to download flash, you may do so here.
  • Once the orientation is completed, your student record will be updated. You will receive a confirmation email, sent to your student email account. After receiving the confirmation email, please call Admissions at (760) 366-3791 ext. 4232 to schedule additional appointments.
  • Students who have earned an associate degree (or higher) or previously attended college may be eligible for a “Student Success and Support Program Waiver” which will exempt you from completing orientation.

3. Fill Out Financial Aid Paperwork

You may qualify for a Board of Governors Waiver (BOGW) for fees. See the Financial Aid Office for details. You may also be eligible to receive a Pell Grant or other forms of aid to assist with school expenses. Fill out the “FAFSA” application as soon as possible. Students applying for financial aid need to apply as early as possible to avoid delays in receiving funds. FAFSA applications are available in the Financial Aid Office in the Office of Student Services and the Base Programs Office, and online at:

Transfer Units

If you completed courses at other institutions, please obtain a copy of your transcripts and bring them with you when you come to CMC’s Campus.  You can have transcripts mailed directly to CMC. Address is: PO Box 1398, Joshua Tree, CA 92252.  Please send them to the attention of Admissions and Records.

Financial Aid

CMC offers a variety of financial aid programs including grants, work-study, scholarships and loans to full-time and part-time students. Financial aid is a supplement to the financial resources of the family and/or the student. Financial aid is designed to assist you in meeting your educational costs including fees, books (General Ernie Reid Bookstore), supplies, housing, food, transportation and miscellaneous education related expenses.

It is recommend that students apply for Financial Aid.  You may do this at

California State Residency Policy

Residency requires actual physical presence within California for a minimum of one year prior to the first day of classes. A valid California Driver’s License, voter registration proof or state income tax return is required to prove residency.
Non-resident students who attended high school in California for three years and received a high school diploma or its equivalent are exempt from non-resident tuition.

Military personnel are considered California state residents for tuition purposes. Military ID must be presented at registration.

Military family members are considered California state residents for tuition purposes. Military ID must be presented at registration.

Non-resident enrollment fees are $191.00 per unit plus $46.00 enrollment fee totaling $237.00 per unit for U.S. citizens who have not established California residency.

High School Students, while enrolled in high school, may take courses at the college if deemed appropriate by the high school principal or designee and the student’s parent or guardian. Candidates for admission must also submit a completed K-12 Concurrent Enrollment Application and their assessment results at the time they submit the college application.

Criminal Background Checks

Some academic programs at the College require a criminal background check.  Students should be aware that the results of the background check may have an impact on academic program eligibility or clinical/community site placement.  You may be denied access to a program on the basis of the results of the background check.  The College is required to comply with licensing requirements and with policies of our partner agencies.  If you have a felony or a misdemeanor in your background, please see your program director to discuss the impact on your academic and professional career.

Additional Programs and Services Available to Qualifying Students

ACCESS (formerly DSPS)




Veterans Services

Honor Societies

Phi Theta Kappa: Beta Rho Pi

Alpha Beta Gamma

Graduation Requirements

Students are responsible for meeting the full requirements for graduation as set forth in the College Catalog. Counselors assist students in planning their program of study, but the final responsibility for meeting education requirements rests with the student. Students must complete an Intent to Graduate Form the semester prior to graduation. The deadline for an Intent to Earn an Associate Degree or Intent to Earn A Certificate is October 1st for Fall graduates and March 1st for Spring & Summer graduates.

Apply for the AA/AS degree or a Certificate of Achievement by filling out an Intent to Earn An Associate Degree or Certificate. If you intend to receive more than one degree or certificate, please fill out one form per degree or certificate.


Please be sure to have official transcripts from all the colleges you have attended on file in the Admissions and Records Office. Your degree cannot be conferred until ALL official transcripts with ALL degree applicable grades earned at all transfer colleges attended are on file. For more information, please call (760) 366-3791, ext. 4232.
Whether or not you plan to attend the Commencement Ceremony, you must apply for a graduation evaluation of your records by March 1st, if you wish to have a May graduation date posted on your transcript.

International Students

The College does not currently have a program for International students.

Study Abroad Program

The College does not have a study abroad program.

Office Location

Student Services is located in the 300 Quad, next to Bruce’s Place.

Regular Hours:

Monday-Thursday 8:15a-5:00p
Friday 8:15a-3:00p

We are closed on all legal and college holidays.

2017-2018 Academic Calendar

2017-2018 Holidays

Contact Information

Admissions & Records
Copper Mountain College
6162 Rotary Way
P.O. Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252

(760) 366-3791, ext. 4232
(760) 366-5257 fax

For general inquiries, please email Lynda Burns: