Your Online Student Center
As soon as you enroll, you can access MyCMC, our easy-to-use online portal. Use MyCMC to:
- Find your registration date
- Register for classes
- Add and drop classes
- Get on a class waitlist
- Make payments
- View your schedule
- Review your unofficial transcripts
- Build next semester’s schedule
FAQs for MyCMC
How Do I Get MyCMC Login?
Your username and initial password will be set up for you and sent to your personal email after you enroll at CMC. Check your inbox, spam, junk and trash folders for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t received this email, contact the Admissions & Records office or call 760.366.3791 ext. 4232. They can’t give you your username or password over the phone, but they will help you find your initial login.
- What if I Need Help?
Can I Change My Personal Information Through MyCMC?
No. For help changing your email or mailing addresses or your phone number, visit the Admissions & Records offices on the main campus or at the Military Base location.
How Do I Pay Online?
Find online payment options in the MyCMC portal or use this direct payments link.
How Do I Change My Password?
- Choose “Forgot Password” at the login screen.
- Select “I don’t remember it—reset my password” on the next screen. (Don’t ask for your hint)
- Fill in your last name and either SSN or student ID number
- Your password will be reset to the last six (6) digits of your SSN and a confirming email will be sent to the personal email address on file with the college.
- You should now be able to log in. (You DON’T have to check your email.)
- If you continue to have issues, please contact Admissions at 760.366.3791 x4232 for assistance
See screen captures (a visual guide) for these password-reset instructions (same steps).
Why Can’t I Register Online?
You may not be able to register online if you:
- Are on probation or have been dismissed from the college
- Owe fees to the college cashier, financial aid, or the library
- Have registration holds from any college office, such as Admissions & Records
- Have unresolved transcript issues
- Are under 18 and haven’t finished high school
- Are a new student (includes transfers and returning students) and have not yet completed orientation and your First-Year Plan.
For more information on registration holds, speak with your counselor or contact the Admissions & Records office at the main campus (760.366.3791 ext. 4232) or the Military Base location (760.366.5201 ext. 4368).