What Can You Do With a Graphic Design Technology Certificate?
Your Certificate in Graphic Design Technology prepares you to go to work as:
- Desktop publisher
- Marketing specialist
- Graphic arts technician
- Visual designer
- Web designer
The Tech Side of Art
If your artistic skills end with stick figures, a graphic design technology certificate can sound scary. Don’t worry. Using technology, you can bring your vision into a share-worthy form. Focus and determination are all you need to succeed in this technologically based, creative industry.
Improve Your Skills
The moment you begin, you start building a solid foundation of graphic design fundamentals. From there, you learn the different tools and technology and build key skills like critical thinking and visual literacy.
Graphic Design Technology Cert.: What to Expect
- 5 units of required courses
- 3 units of restricted electives
- 5 total units
- A grade of C or higher in all required courses
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
Introduction to Adobe Acrobat (CIS 082I) | 1.50
Visual Design (CIS 084) | 3.00
Adobe InDesign I (CIS-082G) | 3.00
Adobe Photoshop for Print and Web Design (CIS 082E) | 3.00
Adobe Illustrator for Print and Web Design I (CIS 082F) | 3.00
Restricted Electives: Choose 1 course from the following:
CIS 082H, ART 031, ART 041 | 3.00
What You Learn
- Solve real-world problems using industry-standard software.
- Integrate text, images, and color as you design high-quality publications.
- Match design goals to business goals.
- Build workflows that help you create more effectively.