What Can You Do With an Early Childhood Education: Teacher Certificate?
A certificate in Early Childhood Education: Teacher opens the doors for a fulfilling career. Graduates from Copper Mountain College go on to work as a:
- Early Childhood Educator
- Preschool Teacher
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Elementary Teacher
- Play Therapist
- Recreation Leader
Get Started Faster
Are you passionate about teaching and helping kids realize their full potential? If so, then a certificate in early childhood education with an emphasis on being a teacher is the right start for you. At CMC, our certificate program is designed to prepare you in the quickest and most efficient way possible.
The Sky’s the Limit
Career advancement is a priority for us at CMC, and we make sure that you have the skills needed to advance in whatever field you join. As an in-demand and growing career, this is especially true for early childhood education. With the right tools and education, you’ll come out with everything you need to start and advance quickly in your chosen career while also helping every kid along the way.
Early Childhood Education Teacher Cert.: What to Expect
- 25 units of required courses
- 16 restricted electives
- 41 total units
- A grade of C or higher in all required courses
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
Childhood Development (CD 010) | 4.00
Child/Family/Community (CD 012) | 3.00
Principles & Practices of Teaching Young Children (CD 014) | 3.00
Introduction to Curriculum Planning in Early Childhood Education (CD 030) | 3.00
Health/Safety/Nutrition (CD 044) | 3.00
Living & Teaching in a Diverse Society (CD 074) | 3.00
Language Arts & Literacy for Young Children
Fostering Creativity in Young Children (CD 040) | 3.00
Math or Science elective. Select one (1) course from the following:
BI 004, G 010, MATH 016, MATH 040, NR 001 | 3.00
English or Language Arts elective. Select one (1) course from the following:
ENG 003A, ENG 005A | 3.00
Humanities or Fine Arts elective. Select one (1) course from the following:
ART-010, ASL 001, MUS 010, PHIL 013, SPAN 001 | 3.00
Social Science elective. Select one (1) course from the following:
ANTH 002, PSY 001 | 3.00
What You Learn
- Understand current research by identifying major milestones in students
- Confidently communicate with parents and families about social-emotional, language, reasoning, comprehension, and motor areas of development.
- Understand childhood development using the right terminology to describe a child’s development, learning, and curriculum in natural settings.
- Support early learning and development.
- Make effective indoor and outdoor learning environments to support kids’ participation during play.
- Apply knowledge of children’s cultural/speech backgrounds and experiences to help interactions and learning.
- Plan and guide early learning and development.