What Can You Do With an Accounting Certificate?
The Accounting Certificate from Copper Mountain College gives you the skills to succeed in any financial career, including:
- General accountant
- Inventory manager
- Asset manager
- Accounts receivable clerk
- Financial analyst
- Budget analyst
- and more!
Beyond Financial Literacy
When you focus on accounting you move from basic financial literacy to an ability to see the patterns emerging in various events. This is the foundation for better business decisions. You become the person who offers insights that move individuals and businesses forward.
Train for the Future
You decide where you want to go and how to get there. This accounting certificate is an excellent step for many careers. Whether you stick with finance or change focus, the skills you learn will take you far.
This certificate gives you job-ready skills as soon as you finish. Later, you can work toward a two- or four-year degree and these credits may transfer.
Accounting Cert.: What to Expect
- 23 units of required courses
- At least 6 additional units
- A grade of C or higher in all required courses
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0
ACCT 001 Financial Accounting | 4.50
ACCT 002 Managerial Accounting | 3.50
ACCT 003 Introduction to Government & Not-for-Profit Accounting | 3.00
ACCT 004 Tax Accounting I-Individuals | 3.00
BUAC 010 Computer Accounting | 3.00
CIS 070A Computer Business Applications for Windows | 3.00
CIS 072D Excel I | 3.00
Total Units: 23.00
What You Learn
Through this program, you gain the skills to:
- Analyze business data to make informed, financial decisions.
- Organize a business through payroll, asset acquisition, bank reconciliation.
- Apply economic models to plan, control, and assess managerial decisions.
- Understand accounting software to properly manage business finances.