Transcript Requests

Official CMC Transcripts

Official transcripts must be requested via the Student Clearinghouse – CLICK HERE

Transcript Processing Time and Cost:

  • Regular Transcript Requests take 7-10 business days for processing and cost $7.00.
  • “Rush” Transcript Requests take 2-3 business days for processing and cost $15.00.

Note: Student Clearinghouse may charge an additional processing fee.

Free First Two Lifetime Transcripts:

  • Complete the fillable PDF form: Official Transcript Request
  • Official transcript requests MUST have an actual signature for processing
  • Print the PDF form and scan or take a picture of the completed form with your signature
  • Email completed form to:
  • Allow 7-10 business days for processing. For questions or additional information, please contact Admissions at 760-366-3791 ext 4232

PLEASE NOTE: Transcripts from other institutions become a part of the student’s permanent file and are not duplicated and forwarded with the Copper Mountain College transcript.

For questions pertaining to OFFICIAL transcripts ONLY, please call Admissions & Records at 760-366-3791, ext. 4232.

CMC does not mail grade reports. You may request your grades as follows:

1) Grades are available 24/7 through the MyCMC Portal for students who have maintained access since spring 2014. Once you are logged into the portal (MyCMC), click on the Academic Profile Tab.

2) In Person. Please go to Admissions & Records in the Office of Student Services or the Base Programs Office. Bring a form of photo ID with you. Ask to have an unofficial transcript printed for you. 3/17/2020: This option is not currently available; Student Services is closed. Please email, fax or mail.

3) Email, Fax or Mail. Save the wait in line! Request a copy of your unofficial transcript. Please fax a copy of the following form to Unofficial Transcripts, at 760-830-4157.

Or you can: email:

mail: CMC, Unofficial Transcripts, PO Box 1398, Joshua Tree, CA 92252

Unofficial Transcripts for CMC Grades are Free. Please note processing time can take 3-5 business days.

Unofficial Transcript (Grades) Request Form (Adobe PDF)

Unofficial Transcript (Grades) Request Form (MSWord)

Please submit unofficial transcript requests as MSWord or PDF documents.

Unofficial CMC Transcripts

CMC will provide you with a copy of your unofficial transcript, which contains your most recent grades. Please fax a copy of the following form to Unofficial Transcripts at 760-830-4157. Or you can email:

Unofficial Transcripts for CMC Grades are Free. Please note processing time can take 3-5 business days.

Unofficial transcript requests MUST have an actual signature for processing. Unofficial transcript requests without an actual signature WILL NOT be processed.

Unofficial Transcript (Grades) Request Form (Adobe PDF)

Unofficial Transcript (Grades) Request Form (MSWord)

For questions pertaining to UNOFFICIAL transcripts ONLY, please call the Base Programs Office at 760-830-6133.

Please submit unofficial transcript requests as MSWord or PDF documents.

Holds on Records and Registration

Students are expected to be responsible for all of their financial obligations to the college. Failure to return library books or other college property or equipment, failure to pay fees or student loans, and failure to reimburse the college for checks written on insufficient fund accounts will result in a hold being placed on student records. Students with record holds will not be provided with copies of transcripts, final grades or enrollment verifications until the hold is cleared by the office from which it originated.

College of the Desert & Copper Mountain College Transcripts

From 1967 to 1999, Copper Mountain Campus was a branch campus of College of the Desert (COD). Copper Mountain College (CMC) began separation from College of the Desert in 1999 and CMC was accredited by the Western Associate of Schools and Colleges (WASC) in 2001. Students who completed coursework at CMC between 1999 and 2001 were under WASC accreditation given to CMC through COD. Some unusual transcript situations arose from decisions made during the separation of Copper Mountain College from the College of the Desert. Under agreements made during the separation process, a few students may have the same coursework recorded at both colleges. Students who began attending Copper Mountain College in 2001 or later will only have a CMC transcript; attendance both before and after 2001 will usually be fully contained within the CMC transcript.

Sending Official Transcripts to CMC

If you are sending official transcripts to CMC, please give the following address to your college/university:

Copper Mountain College
Attn: Transcripts
PO Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252

If you are sending electronic official transcripts to CMC, please give the following email address to your college/university: 

Once official transcripts have been received, enrolled students who have completed 12 or more units may request an official evaluation and acceptance of transfer units by completing a “Request for Evaluation of Credit” form available in Admissions & Records on the Main Campus or at the Base Program office.  Please note that all official transcripts must be on file before an evaluation may be processed.

Once the evaluation is completed, students will be notified by email to their CMC campus email address.  A follow-up appointment with a counselor is recommended.

This process can take several weeks, please plan accordingly. Students who do not have a completed evaluation may find it necessary to register in person at either location (Main Campus or Base Programs) and may not be able to register through the MyCMC portal.

Should you have any questions, please contact Admissions and Records at (760) 366-3791, ext. 4232. Thank you.

Education & Degree Verifications

If you are calling to verify a student’s education or degree, we only accept written requests accompanied by a student’s release of authorization form. Please fax your request to: Janie at 760-366-5257. Please allow 48-hour turnaround time for processing.

Enrollment Verifications

If you are a student needing an enrollment verification letter for benefits, insurance, etc., please submit your request in writing to Admissions & Records with the following information:

  • Full Name
  • Student ID #
  • CMC Email Address (we will email you when it’s ready for pick-up)
  • Semester you are requesting enrollment verification
  • If you need your GPA
  • If you need your anticipated date of graduation

Please allow 48-hour turnaround time for processing. We will email you at your CMC email when your letter is available for your pick-up.

High School Completion Transcripts & GED Records

High School Completion transcripts are NOT processed through Student Services. We do not want to delay your request. Please contact the Student Success Center for your high school completion transcripts 760-366-3791, ext. 4246.

CMC is unable to verify whether or not a student received their GED through Copper Mountain College. When CMC stopped providing the GED exam, all records were sent to the state GED Records Center. The Educational Testing Services (ETS) – GED Records Center handles all requests for duplicate records in the State of California.

Please contact the GED State Records office at 916-445-7331.

Obtain a money order for $7 to ETS (Education Testing Services). Do not send cash or a personal check. This fee is to cover each copy of your GED you request. If you wish to obtain more than one official copy, multiply the number of copies you want by seven and obtain a money order for that amount. Mail in your signed request and the money order. Send these two documents to:

ETS-GED Records Center
PO Box 4005
Concord, CA 94524-4005

Former Student Success Center (Adult Basic Education/High School Completion) Students

If you are a student who attended the Student Success Center and you need your transcripts from the Center, fill out this form:

Request for Transcript from SSC

Please fax this form to us at 760-366-5259. Please allow 5-7 business days for your transcripts to be processed.