ATTENTION: See below for information on
accessing classes online from home.
All Student Success Center Programs are still available during the current pandemic. You can access all of your classes remotely from home – continue reading to find out how!
For High School Completion Students (Edmentum Users)
You can login to Edmentum by clicking here.
If you need help logging in:
- Your username is your first initial and last name put together. (For example: A student named John Doe would use the username jdoe.)
- Your password is your ASAP ID number.
- If you don’t know your ASAP ID or if your account is deactivated, call (760) 366-3791 ext. 4246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. (Note: If your Edmentum account is deactivated, you are probably not enrolled in the current semester. This is an easy fix – just contact the SSC!)
If you need help with tutoring, going over a test, or anything else Edmentum-related, email email@example.com for assistance.
Please note that while students can now work on classes remotely 24/7, SSC staff are still working an 8am-5pm schedule. If you need assistance with something and are attempting to contact us outside of normal business hours, you may not get a response until the next business day.
For GED Prep Students (GED Academy Users)
You can login to GED Academy by clicking here.
If you need help logging in:
● Your username should be your first initial and last name put together. (For example: A student named John Doe would use the username jdoe.)
● Your password is your ASAP ID number. If you don’t know it or have problems logging in, call (760) 366-3791 ext. 4246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Please note that while students can now work on classes remotely 24/7, SSC staff are still working an 8am-5pm schedule. If you need assistance with something and are attempting to contact us outside of normal business hours, you may need to wait until the next business day.
For GED Face-to-Face, Basic College Mathematics, ESL, and MASP
All GED Prep, Basic College Math, ESL, and MASP classes that were previously face-to-face will now be available online through Canvas. You can log in to Canvas through the MyCMC Portal. If you have any questions about how classes will continue, you can contact your instructor via email below.
GED Instructors Contacts
MASP Instructor Contacts
Canvas Student Guides
Canvas does a great job breaking down how-to information. Their documents and videos are short and to the point.
Here are some links that will help you do just about anything in Canvas. They offer help in documents or videos.
● Canvas Student Tutorial Video click HERE
● Videos: List of student guides in video click HERE.
● Documents: List of student guides in step by step documents click HERE.
● Mobile App: Guides on how to find, download, and use the Canvas Student Mobile App click HERE.
If you need help with anything else in Canvas, contact Lisa Larson at email@example.com for assistance.
GED/High School Diploma – Adult Education Programs
- High School Diploma
- GED/HiSET Preparation
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Math Refresher Course
- Military Academic Skills Program (MASP)
MASP is offered on the Marine Corps Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) for students who want to brush up on their basic reading, English, and math skills. Call the Base Program office for more information at 760-366-3791 ext. 4368. MASP Student Contract Fillable 2020SP
- Start ANY time!
- Free Bus Passes
- Free Child Care (One time $100.00 application fee, for children 18 months – 5years)
- Free Tutoring
- Accommodations for students with disabilities
- Test Proctoring for CMC students or anyone from neighboring schools
Official Pearson VUE Testing Center:
- Official Pearson VUE/GED Testing Center
- Sign up to take your GED with us at GED.com
- GED includes 4 tests – Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Math. $35.00 each test, $140.00 total
- Test proctoring for CMC Students and neighboring schools
Attention: Our Pearson VUE Testing Center is currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We hope to reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.
1. Apply online (students should be 18 years old to start program)
- Application must be completed 24 hours before orientation
- Create your account (need an email address)
- Make sure to complete application for the current semester
- You will receive an email once completed
2. Create an ASAP attendance account
- Go to https://register.asapconnected.com/default.aspx?org=4316 and create your account.
3. Request official transcripts from previous high schools
- Unofficial transcripts can be emailed to the Student Success Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official sealed transcripts can be hand delivered to the Student Success Center or mailed to the address below:
Copper Mountain College
Attn: Student Success Center
P.O. Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
3. Attend Orientation with our counselor via Zoom
- You can schedule an orientation by reaching out to us at email@example.com or calling (760) 366-3791 ext. 4246.
- During orientation, you will get an overview of the program, get started on creating your personal education plan, and pick classes
4. Start Classes TODAY!
We have three locations where we offer various programs. See below!
Copper Mountain College—Student Success Center
6162 Rotary Way, Joshua Tree CA
Located next to the Bell Center
OPEN Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
57725 Twentynine Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA
Currently CLOSED due to the COVID-19 pandemic
72770 Hatch Road, Twentynine Palms, CA
Currently CLOSED due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Student Success Center Staff
Associate Dean of CTE and Noncredit
(760) 366-3791 ext. 5247
Non-Credit Counselor, ext. 5985
Program Assistant, ext. 5982
Developmental Education Data Specialist, ext. 5983
Instructional Assistant, ext. 5989
Keep up to date on what’s happening at the Student Success Center by liking us on Facebook.
High School Completion Program
This program will take you through the general education courses you need to attain your high school diploma. We will take credits from your previous high school and apply them to our credits. Student MUST complete 20 credits within our program.
We will evaluate the student’s transcripts to determine how many classes they need to meet the 160 credit requirement to receive their high school diploma. You may choose to work from computerized instruction or opt for text book instruction.
GED/ HiSET Preparation
This program will take you through basic courses which will teach you the information you will need in order to pass the GED or HiSet. You may choose to work from computerized instruction or face-to-face course.
Preparation covers the four subjects students will be tested on: Language Arts, Social Studies, Mathematical Reasoning and Science.
GED/ HiSET Preparation Face-to-face class schedule Spring 2020: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:30am – 1:45pm
This program will help you polish your knowledge on various subjects, whether for personal improvement or in preparation for a test. You may choose to work from computerized instruction or opt for workbook instruction.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Visit our ESL page to view the class schedule.
MASP: Military Academic Skills Program
This program if offered on the Marine Corps Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) for students who want to brush up on their basic reading, English, and math skills. Call the Base Program office for more information at (760) 830-6133.
Former SSC Students
If you are a student who used to attend the SSC and you need your transcripts from the Center, fill out this form:
Please fax this form to us at 760-366-5259. Please allow 5-7 business days for your transcripts to be processed.
The Student Success Center offers free tutoring to all registered SSC students. You do not need to make an appoint to receive tutoring. There is a schedule of Math tutors available at the SSC. If you would like more information please call 760-366-3791 ext. 4246
The Student Success Center is available for test proctoring. Any Copper Mountain College professor, or anyone from neighboring schools, may send their students to the Student Success Center to take a proctored test.
Teachers can send their tests to ProctorSSC@cmccd.edu . You may also hand deliver the tests to the Student Success Center.
The SSC encourages student s to make an appointment for their proctored exams and to call us at 760-366-3791 ext. 4246 to ensure that your test is available before you arrive to take it. On the day of the exam, please come prepared. Bring your photo ID, and only the materials approved by your instructor. Please allow enough time to finish the exam before we close and expect to take the test in one sitting. You will not be allowed to have access to your phone or to leave the room once you begin your test.
If you are taking a proctored exam from a school other than CMC, there will be a $10.00 per test. If you are currently enrolled at CMC and taking a proctored test from another school, the fee will be just $5.00 per test. You must be able to provide proof of current enrollment to receive the discounted fee. We do not charge CMC students to take a proctored exam for a CMC class.
To pay the testing fee, go to the cashier’s office during their regular business hours or you may pay them over the phone by calling 760-366-3791 ext. 5312.