CARE – Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education
What is CARE?
CARE is a sub-program of EOPS. It is a state funded educational support program for single parent students with dependent children under the age of 18 who are receiving public assistance. CARE provides additional support services.
To qualify for CARE a student must:
- Be eligible for the EOPS program.
- Be a County CalWORKs participant.
- Be a single-parent head of household as determined by the County.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have at least one child under the age of 18.
CARE students are eligible to receive all EOPS services. In addition, CARE students may be eligible to receive the following “Over and Above” services:
- Supplemental book vouchers
- Meal cards to Bruce’s Place
- Parent/Child Activities
- Transportation Grant
- CARE Grant
- Gas Cards/Bus Passes
Copper Mountain College
6162 Rotary Way
P.O. Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
(760) 366-3791, ext. 4247
(760) 366-5257 fax
EOPS is located in the Office of Student Services in the 300 Quad, next to Bruce’s Place.
Summer Hours June to July
We are closed on all legal and college holidays.