• CalFresh is a state program that you may receive an average of $150 /month for groceries.
  • CalFresh is a California financial aid program that helps students buy food and eat healthier.
  • It won’t affect your financial aid and you don’t need your parent’s tax return information to apply.
  • 2 in 5 students are eligible for CalFresh.
Apply Today

CARE – Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education

What is CARE?

CARE is a sub-program of EOPS. It is a state funded educational support program for single parent students with dependent children under the age of 18 who are receiving public assistance. CARE provides additional support services.

CARE Eligibility

To qualify for CARE a student must:

  • Be eligible for the EOPS program.
  • Be a County CalWORKs participant.
  • Be a single-parent head of household as determined by the County.
  • Be at least 18 years of age.
  • Have at least one child under the age of 18.

CARE Services

CARE students are eligible to receive all EOPS services. In addition, CARE students may be eligible to receive the following “Over and Above” services:

  • Supplemental book vouchers
  • Meal cards to Bruce’s Place
  • Parent/Child Activities
  • Transportation Grant
  • CARE Grant
  • Gas Cards/Bus Passes

CARE Handbook

Contact Information

Copper Mountain College
6162 Rotary Way
P.O. Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252

(760) 366-3791, ext. 4247
(760) 366-5201
(760) 366-5257 fax

Office Location
EOPS is located in the Office of Student Services in the 300 Quad, next to Bruce’s Place.


Regular Hours
Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm
Friday 8am-3pm

Summer Hours June to July 
Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm
Closed Fridays

We are closed on all legal and college holidays.