EOPS – Extended Opportunity Programs & Services
Welcome to EOPS!
Getting through college may not always be easy. Whether you are planning to transfer, working towards an Associate Degree, Certificate, or just picking up some valuable work skills, the Copper Mountain College EOPS/CARE program is here to support you in achieving your educational goals.
What is EOPS?
EOPS is a state-funded program serving the academically and financially disadvantaged student with counseling and other support services to ensure completion of educational goals. Student success is our number one priority. EOPS assists eligible students to reach their goals through academic, personal and transfer counseling, a book service program to assist with textbooks, and other support services.
How do I qualify?
- Be a California Resident;
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units;
- Apply for financial aid and qualify for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG);
- Be educationally disadvantaged, as determined by EOPS criteria; and
- Completed less than 70 degree applicable college units.
What services does EOPS offer?
- Individualized Academic, Transfer and Personal Counseling
- Priority Registration
- 4 California State University and 4 University of California application fee waivers
- Assistance with obtaining books through the Book Service, Book Loan, and Book Exchange Programs
- Transfer Assistance
- Backpack and Supply Card
- Meal and Gas Cards
- Parking Permit
- Academic Awards banquet for students with a GPA above 3.0
- Letters of Recommendation
- Cap and Gown Purchase for Commencement (Graduation Ceremony)
- For Fall – April 1st to April 30th
- For Spring – November 1st to November 30th — APPLICATION
How do I apply?
- You can apply through your MY CMC Portal, at the EOPS counter, or click the application link below print, complete, and bring to EOPS counter — APPLICATION
How do I know I’m accepted?
Your application will not be processed until we have received all required documents. Once your completed application is received and has been processed, you will receive an email from EOPS notifying you of your acceptance or denial.
What other programs are within EOPS?
The Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) program provides services to students who are single head of household with a dependent(s) who is under the age of 18 years old. The CARE program works in conjunction with EOPS to provide support to CalWORKs students. CARE Webpage
Copper Mountain College
6162 Rotary Way
P.O. Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
(760) 366-3791, ext. 4247
(760) 366-5257 fax
EOPS is located in the Office of Student Services in the 300 Quad, next to Bruce’s Place.
Summer Hours June to July
We are closed on all legal and college holidays.