ATTENTION: See below for information on
accessing ESL classes online
Starting March 30th, all CMC classes will resume online so students can access them from home. This includes the English as a Second Language Program!
All ESL classes will be available through Canvas (you can login to Canvas through the MyCMC Portal by clicking here). Your ESL instructor will be in contact through Canvas as well as through email.
ESL Instructor Contacts
Canvas Student Guides
Canvas does a great job breaking down how-to information. Their documents and videos are short and to the point.
Here are some links that will help you do just about anything in Canvas. They offer help in documents or videos.
● Canvas Student Tutorial Video click HERE
● Videos: List of student guides in video click HERE.
● Documents: List of student guides in step by step documents click HERE.
● Mobile App: Guides on how to find, download, and use the Canvas Student Mobile App click HERE.
If you need help with anything else in Canvas, contact Lisa Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Operates on a semester
Open-entry, open-exit basis
Offers three levels of instruction for ESL learners
Grammar and conversation are taught
All persons 18 years of age and older, regardless of their educational background, are welcome to participate. Classes are offered at the main campus in Joshua Tree and aboard the Marine Corps base in Twentynine Palms.
Getting Started/How to Apply
- Click here to Apply Online!
- Click on Create My Account. You will need an email address to do this.
- Once you have created an account continue to application.
- Once the application is completed, please select the current semester year.
- Please understand that it will take 24 hours to process.
- Go to the SSC and fill out required paperwork.
- Attend orientation (May take up to 3 hours)
- Start your Classes!
We offer Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced ESL classes. Once our instructor has met you, she will determine which course you should be in. For more information call 760.366.3791 ext. 4246
Beginning ESL (DE – 302) Tutoring available after each class period.
|8 – 9:30 am||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
Intermediate ESL (DE – 305)
|9:45 – 11:15 am||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
Advanced ESL (DE – 308)
|11:30 am – 1 pm||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
Beginning ESL (DE – 302)
|9 – 10:15 am||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday|
Intermediate ESL (DE – 305)
|10:30 – 11:45 am||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday|
Student Success Center is
located near the Bell Center
Student Success Center Staff
Coordinator for Developmental Education
(760) 366-3791 ext. 5250
Non-Credit Counselor, ext. 5985
Program Assistant, ext. 5982
Grant Specialist, ext. 5983
Instructional Assistant, ext. 5989