Take Your Land to College

Copper Mountain College Foundation is actively seeking property donations to raise money for the continued support and development of Copper Mountain College. Our intent is to promptly sell donated properties as it is essential for us to realize a near-term advantage as distinguished from long-term speculation. Please contact our office to learn more.

All photography by Amboy Sharma with permission.


Frequently Asked Questions
Is Copper Mountain College Foundation a 501c3 non-profit?

Yes, Copper Mountain College Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit, #95-3778234.

Will my donation be tax deductible?

Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor for specific details on your donation. The Foundation will issue to donor a letter of acceptance with the closing statement issued by the escrow holder at the close of escrow for your files.

Do you sell the property?

Copper Mountain College Foundation seeks property donations to raise money for the continued development of Copper Mountain College. The prompt sale of obtained properties is essential for us to meet the needs of our students and our college.

What do you do with the money raised?

Copper Mountain College Foundation provides for the basic needs of our students funding the KC Special, a free meal program for students; free bus transportation on MBTA; scholarships and book grants; technology upgrades and facility improvements are all supported by Foundation fundraising.

What documents do you need for the donation?

You will need the current Deed where you hold title and any Trust Documents (if applicable) for transfer of property. Additionally a CMCF Real Property Donation Agreement must be filled out.

How will I know if CMCF is willing to accept my property donation?

Our Real Estate Committee will review the potential donation and contact you as soon as possible. Please remember that our committee members are volunteers and it may take a bit longer at times.

What type of property do you take?

Vacant land, residential or business property.

Will you take out of state property?

Typically we take local properties since we are looking to sell the property to raise money for our students’ and college needs. Our volunteer board members review, list and sell the property to us and our capacity lies within the Morongo Basin.

I share ownership with my siblings; can I donate my share?

All owners must agree to the donation in its entirety.

What costs will I have to pay?

You will pay for an objective appraisal by a licensed real estate appraiser and all property taxes will need to be current.

What if there is a lien on the property?

Properties with liens (e.g. trust deeds) will require special analysis before acceptance to determine cash flow and net equity after projected costs. Such offers must be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Prior to acquisition, taxes and other encumbrances (e.g. improvement district bonds) should be paid current.