California State Teachers’ Retirement System is a defined benefit program and is mandatory for all full-time faculty and educational administrators. The District and the employee contribute to CalSTRS.
Faculty: myCalSTRS – Manage Your Account
California Public Employees Retirement System is a defined benefit program. All full-time classified and part-time classified employees meeting the eligibility requirements are enrolled in the miscellaneous employees plan. The District and the employee contribute to CalPERS.
Health Plan Options
Kaiser and UnitedHealthCare
HMO (Health Maintenance Organization)
Subscribers may choose either Kaiser or UnitedHealthCare. Subscribers are required to select a primary care physician who provides or coordinates health care services. Depending on your HMO plan selection, there is a $10.00 to $20.00 co-payment per visit.
PPO (Preferred Provider Option)
PPO service offered by UnitedHealthcare. For PPO there is a guaranteed payment to doctors (90-70% of Negotiated Rates paid by UnitedHealthcare, 10-30% paid by employee) with a $350 deductible per person/$700 per family per calendar year.
- Kaiser members receive their Rx benefits (in person or online via home delivery) through Kaiser Pharmacies with a $10 co-pay.
- UHC members get their Rx benefits through Express Scripts. Copay and coinsurance amounts are based on where the prescription is filled. For the lowest copays, utilize an Express Scripts Advantage Network (EAN) pharmacy or a Smart90 pharmacy. Short-term prescriptions are $25 co-pay for Preferred Brand Name, Non-Preferred Brand Name co-pay 50% ($40 minimum – $80 maximum), and Generic co-pay $10 at participating pharmacies for a 30-day supply. Maintenance prescriptions are $20 co-pay for Preferred Brand Name, Non-Preferred Brand Name are 50% co-pay ($80 minimum – $350 maximum), and Generic drugs are $20 co-pay for a 90-day supply.
- Express Scripts
- Delta Dental Plan of California (PPO)
Deductible of $50 per person/$150 per family per calendar year for in-network and $100 per person/$300 per family per calendar year for out-of-network. The maximum paid per calendar year is $2,000 per person for DPO Providers and $1,500 per person for Non-DPO Providers. In-network dentists are covered for 100% of approved basic, diagnostic and preventive benefits. Out-of-network dentists are covered for 80% of Delta approved fees.
- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
VSP benefits allow a WellVision Exam every 12 months with Lenses and Frames every 24 months, if needed. The VSP is a preferred provider plan and their services are guaranteed, if provider eye doctors are utilized. There is a $25 co-pay per calendar year. Co-pay does not apply to contacts. Lesser amounts are paid if non-VSP providers are used.
For VSP deals and extra savings visit vsp.com/specialoffers for details.
Employee Assistance Program and Mental Health
Confidential support through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and WorkLife Services Benefit to achieve a better work-life balance. When you call, a specialist will listen to your needs and connect you to the appropriate resources. Initial consultations are free, co-pays may apply depending on the medical insurance plan.
- OptumHealth (Behavioral Solutions of California)
Access code: veba
- VOYA Financial
A $20,000 Life Insurance/$20,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment plan is included in the District’s benefit package. The policy is in effect as long as the employee is an active, benefit eligible employee. The benefit amount is automatically reduced to $13,000 once a current employee reaches age 70 and $10,000 at age 75. Classified employees who work less than 20 hours per week, and persons employed in short-term assignments are not eligible for the group life insurance benefit.
Supplemental Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
- American Fidelity Assurance Company
909-941-1175 (Ontario Office)
Please contact Moises Ortiz at extension 356 for more information.