In accordance with updated guidelines from the Chancellor’s Office, to substantially limit all in-person interaction, Copper Mountain College is operating remotely but our physical facilities are closed to students and public, as of March 17, 2020.
- All classes began remote instruction on March 30th.
- List of labs (click on information about my classes).
1. The Office of Student Services will be closed to the public. To continue to meet student needs, staff and counselors will be available to assist students through email, by phone, or through web advising.
2. For general student services related questions, or to make an appointment with a counselor, please contact Admissions and Records at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-366-3791, or 760-366-5201 ext. 4232ccd.edu.
3. For Financial Aid questions, please contact Brittney Blakeley, Financial Aid Specialist, at email@example.com or 760-366-3791, or 760-366-5201 ext. 4235
4. For students in need of disability-related accommodations, please contact Jennifer Anderson, ACCESS Coordinator, to assist you with your individualized accommodations and academic needs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-366-5286.
5. For EOPS/CARE, please contact Delores Teague, Program Assistant, at email@example.com or 760-366-3791, or 760-366-5201 ext. 4247.
6. For CalWORKs, please contact Sandra Rocha, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 760-366-3791, or 760-366-5201 ext. 5809.
7. For Veterans, please contact Gracie Shadowen, Veterans Resource Specialist, email@example.com or 760-366-3791, or 760-366-5201 ext 5803.
8. The Cashier’s office will be serving students via phone and can be reached at 760-366-3791, or 760-366-5201 ext 5312.
9. The Greenleaf Library will be closed. Research, reference, and assistance with Canvas, online classes/workshops through email or chat will be available. Please contact Derek Monypeny at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-366-3791, or 760-366-5201 ext. 5293.
10. Canvas support for students will also be provided by the Distance Education Office. Please contact Lisa Larson at email@example.com or 760-366-3791, or 760-366-5201 ext. 5401.
11. Our Tutoring Center will also hold call-in Canvas guidance and provide tutoring- stay tuned.
12. For any other class-related, support-related, or general COVID-19 questions or concerns, please direct those questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be remote support for faculty needing assistance provided by the Office of Instruction at 760-366-3791, or 760-366-5201 ext.5246.
Administrators, classifieds, student workers, and confidential employees are expected to report to work, as the college remains open to providing remote services to students and faculty. Please work with your supervisor to support and develop social distanced workspaces, rotational scheduling, and remote working. As previously guided, please stay home if you are sick and contact HR if you have questions or concerns.
Community College Chancellors Office COVID-19 Web Resource
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance for Colleges and Universities
San Bernardino County Department of Public Health (DPH)
Copper Mountain Community College District (CMCCD) continues to coordinate with state and local education and health agencies in monitoring the 2019 novel coronavirus (now named COVID-19). At this time, there are no confirmed cases of the virus in San Bernardino County.
The California Community College Chancellor’s Office, the California Department of Education (CDE), and now CMCCD has received several inquiries about school preparations as the risk of exposure to the virus expands worldwide. Please see the guidance provided to Colleges and Universities from the California Department of Public Health.
We will continue to update our website in response to the spread of the virus and we will share updates as they become available. Should you have any questions, please contact Jolie Alpin 760-366-3791 ext. 5310.
We are currently working with your instructors to be prepared in the event that the college decides to move all face-to-face courses to distance delivery. The face-to-face portion of your hybrid course would also be affected. For those of you enrolled in fully online classes, continue to engage, complete work, and maintain regular communication with your instructor.
Each class we offer has a Canvas shell accessible to students through the CMC portal. Canvas is CMC’s best platform to continue instruction in the event of an unforeseen interruption. Most of you already make use of the Canvas shell for communicating with your instructors, checking your syllabi, and uploading assignments. By Wednesday, March 18, 2020, we hope to have an instructor published Canvas shell for every CMC course offered this spring 2020.
For those of you who may be new to Canvas, now is an ideal time to start perusing the CMC Student Resource for Canvas link on our website. The webpage includes a video tutorial to get you started, student support resources, and e-mail contact information for student help. Below you will find the link for CMC Distance Education Resources:
CMC learning resources and student support will continue to be available online should the college decide to move to distance delivery. The section below is a summary of services that would be provided:
- Student Services staff and counselors will be available to assist students who are not able to come to campus through email, by phone, or through web advising. For student services related questions, or to make an appointment with a counselor, please contact Admissions and Records at 760-366-3791, or 760-366-5201 ext. 4232 or email@example.com.
- NetTutor, our online tutoring system, will be available to all students and can be accessed through the Canvas portal.
- For students needing disability-related accommodations in the event that we move to remote instruction, please contact Jennifer Anderson, our ACCESS Coordinator, to assist you with your individualized accommodations and academic needs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-366-5286.
Safety & Health
This page has been established to serve the safety & health of our campus community.
The Safety Committee has been established in accordance with Cal/OSHA, CSEA and CMCFA.
The Safety Committee meets on the first Friday of each month in the Maintenance and Operations Office from 1-2 p.m. Agenda items are due the Tuesday before the scheduled meeting.
Chairperson: Kevin Cole
Vice Chairperson: Meredith Plummer
Secretary: Emily Helm
Faculty Member: Bruce Bridenbecker
Faculty Member: Paul Friedt
Classified Member: Jeff DeMorrow
Classified Member: Scott Keane