To contact Security:
- From outside or cell phone DIAL 760-601-4123
- From your office or in the classrooms DIAL 5325
Campus Emergency Evacuation Map
Evacuation Map (click to view map)
Emergency Notification System
The emergency notification system allows the college to Email and text emergency messages to students when needed.
If you are a current student and have not received a text message notifying you that you have been placed on the Emergency Notification System list, and you wish to be added, please contact the Public Relations Office at 760.366.3791 ext. 5310.
Copper Mountain College’s emergency notification system is called
To report a TRUE EMERGENCY OF IMMEDIATE THREAT TO LIFE AND SAFETY within your classroom, office, or work area CALL 9-1-1.
• State: “This is an emergency”
• REMAIN CALM and give your name, location (building, room number), nature of emergency and phone number you are calling from
• DO NOT HANG UP unless there is no further information being required or unless there is an immediate threat to your safety
• Call Security AFTER you call 9-1-1
• If it is safe to do so, and the situation warrants it, evacuate to the assembly area for your location.
Remember, it is important to give as much information as you can to the 9-1-1 operator. The more you give the more responsive the emergency responders will be.
Emergency operators dispatch fire and police right away. After they dispatch, they will begin to ask you more questions. Don’t take this as a sign they have not sent help. They have. Just be patient and calm and answer their questions until they release you.