Free Tuition ~ Free Book Vouchers
- Meet with a counselor to determine the reasonableness of the student enrolling in and completing a minimum of 15 units.
- Create a First Year Plan (FYP) or a Student Education Plan (SEP).
- File a FAFSA & complete the required paperwork.
- Must be a California Resident.
- Pass with a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- If a student graduated in Spring 2018, they are eligible for Fall 2018 and/or Spring 2019. (Grant is provided semester by semester, with a 2 semester maximum).
Tuition: CA Promise Grant (formerly the BOG) students do not have to pay any tuition;they do have to pay student fees.
Non- CA Promise Grant (formerly the BOG) students will need to pay for their tuition up front; however, they will be refunded their tuition amount after completing 15 or more credits with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher. Students will still have to pay other student fees.
Books: An eligible student will receive a $250 bookstore credit each semester to the Campus Bookstore, good for books only . All reusable books purchased with the bookstore credit will need to be returned to the Campus Bookstore.
Eligibility requirements for Renewal 2nd Semester:
- Attend a Kick-Off event at the beginning of the student’s first semester.
- Complete a Financial Aid Literacy topic.
- Attend an additional First Year Experience event (Pizza Hangout, Grocery Bingo, Adult Coloring, etc.).
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Complete 15 units.
- Return all reusable books to the Campus Bookstore.
Copper Mountain Promise Program will run as long as there is State Funding. Portions or all of this program are subject to change as State funding may change.