College Transfers to CMC

Transferring to Copper Mountain College

Copper Mountain College accepts most transfer credits/units from accredited institutions. Military, CLEP, and Advanced Placement are other types of credit that may be accepted. In order to have these units applied to your CMC student record, students or applicants should submit official transcripts from all institutions to:

Copper Mountain College
Attn: Admissions & Records
PO Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252

Prerequisite Verification

Prerequisite Verification allows students to register for classes based on prerequisite courses taken at another institution. A prerequisite verification is not an official evaluation of credit. Counselors complete prerequisite verifications during the student’s First Year Plan (FYP) appointments.  Transfer students should email unofficial transcripts to admissions& prior to scheduling a First Year Plan with a counselor.

Transcript Evaluation

Transcript Evaluations award credit(s) from courses taken at other academic institutions. Students may have completed coursework at an outside institution that may meet Associate Degree, Certificate, and General Education requirements. Students who do not intend to earn a degree or certificate at CMC do not need a transcript evaluation.

If you do not intend to earn a degree or certificate at CMC but intend to transfer to a 4 year university, speak with your Counselor about official general education certification. General education certification officially certifies that you have completed lower-division general education transfer requirements. Certification ensures you will not be required to repeat coursework at university to meet these requirements. Official transcripts will need to be evaluated for CSU or IGETC GE certification. 

Evaluation of credit is not an automatic process. 

Students may submit a Transcript Evaluation Request after the following requirements have been met:

  • The student has completed at least twelve (12) units at CMC or has a signed exemption 
  • Official transcripts are on file for all institutions included in the evaluation request

Schedule an appointment with a counselor to complete the Transcript Evaluation Request

Please allow 6-8 weeks for the entire evaluation to be processed. Students will receive an email notification, to their campus email address, when the evaluation of credit is completed. 

Contact the Admissions & Records office at the main campus or the Military Base office for additional assistance.

Admissions & Records: 760-366-3791 or 760-366-5201 ext. 4232; admissions&

Military-Connected Students: 760-830-6133 or 760-366-5201 ext. 4368 or 5102;

Veteran Students: 760-366-3791 or 760-366-5201 ext. 5823 or 5803;

Thank you for choosing Copper Mountain College as your transfer college!