Basic Needs Resources
CMC can help with your basic needs, so you can focus on your education:
• Free soup every day at Jorge’s
• Grocery vendor cards through Counseling
• Grab ‘n’ go snacks, meal kits, and grocery bags of food in the Student Activity Center
• Clothing closet in the Student Activity Center
• Bus passes and gas cards at Admissions and Records
• Laptop loans and Wi-Fi hotspots in Student Services
• Telehealth for medical and mental health needs through Virtual Care Group
• On-campus showers available
• Textbooks and classroom supply vouchers
For more information contact:
Sarah Parra, Counseling Program Assistant, email@example.com
Chelsi Chastain, Student Life Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC)
Young Child Tax Credit
California Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
The California Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program is a food and nutrition program for growing families. The program provides nutrition education, breastfeeding support, benefits to buy healthy foods, and referrals to health care and other community services.
You may qualify for WIC if you:
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, just had a baby (or recent pregnancy loss); or
- Have a child or care for a child under age 5; and
- Have low-to-medium income or receive Medi-Cal, CalWORKs (TANF), or CalFresh (SNAP) benefits; and
- Live in California.
Use this assessment to help you find out if you may be eligible for WIC benefits. Please be aware that only staff at your local WIC office can officially confirm that you qualify for WIC services.