CalWORKs – California Work Opportunities & Responsibility to Kids
CalWORKs helps students who are receiving cash aid from the county to become independent. CalWORKs provides short-term educational training programs and supportive services to assist eligible students to obtain employment.
- Be a current CMC student
- Be receiving at least $1 of cash aid for themselves
- Bring in current Passport to Services (Gen2000) and Welfare to Work Plan
- Complete the CMC Verification form
- Individualized Academic, Transfer and Personal Counseling
- Advocacy on students’ behalf with county caseworkers
- Gas cards or Bus Passes
- School supplies
- Parking permits
- Referrals to Outside Resources/Programs when necessary
Compare earnings of recent graduates in specific program areas in the State of California!
Online Job Search Sites
RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS TIMING OUT
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Elder Abuse Hotline: 1-888-436-3600
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Safely Surrendered Baby Law: Dial 2-1-1 www.babysafe.ca.gov
Department of Housing and Community Development www.hacsb.com
Copper Mountain College
6162 Rotary Way
P.O. Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
(760) 366-3791, ext. 4247
(760) 366-5257 fax
EOPS/CalWORKs is located in the Office of Student Services in the 300 Quad, next to Bruce’s Place.