- CalFresh is a state program that you may receive an average of $150 /month for groceries.
- CalFresh is a California financial aid program that helps students buy food and eat healthier.
- It won’t affect your financial aid and you don’t need your parent’s tax return information to apply.
- 2 in 5 students are eligible for CalFresh.
California Work Opportunities & Responsibilities to Kids (CalWORKs) assists students who are receiving various forms of public assistance become independent. We provide specialized counseling, subsidized employment, mentoring, advocacy and personal/professional development to assist eligible students with personal, academic, and career goals.
- Be a current CMC student
- Be receiving at least $1 of cash aid for themselves
- Provide a current Passport to Services (Gen2000) and Welfare to Work Plan
- Complete the CMC Verification form
- Individualized Academic, Transfer and Personal Counseling
- Gas and Meal Cards
- School Supplies
- Parking Permits
- Campus and Community Referrals
OTHER RESOURCES Dial 2-1-1
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. https://www.211sb.org/
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Elder Abuse Hotline: 1-888-436-3600
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Safely Surrendered Baby Law: Dial 2-1-1 www.babysafe.ca.gov
Housing Program Department of Housing and Community Development www.hacsb.com San Bernardino County Resources San Bernardino County Human Services
Copper Mountain College
6162 Rotary Way
P.O. Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
(760) 366-3791, ext. 5810
(760) 366-5257 fax
CalWORKs is located in the Office of Student Services in the 300 Quad, next to Bruce’s Place.