Student Success Center
Bell Center, Room 636
760-366-3791 ext. 4246
Monday- Thursday 8:00 am- 8:20 pm
Friday 8:00 am- 2:00 pm
Please feel free to call the center or stop by at anytime. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
The Student Success Center offers four FREE, work at your own pace programs for all area residents over the age of 18:
High School Completion Program- This program will take you through the general education courses you need to complete your high school diploma. You will read the material and complete chapter worksheets before completing chapter tests. This program is offered via the computer or photocopies from books.
GED Preparation- This program will take you though courses which will teach you the information you will need in order to pass the GED.
You will first take the pretest, to determine which areas to study before taking the GED. The Student Success Center offers courses that will help prepare you to successfully pass the GED test. You may choose to work from a text or opt for the computerized instruction.
Refresher Courses- This program will help you polish your knowledge on various subjects, whether for personal improvement or in preparation for a test. This program is offered via the computer or photocopies from books.
English as a Second Language (ESL)- Visit our ESL page to view the class schedule.
Advantages to our programs:
- All our programs are free.
- We always have instructors and student workers here to give you one-on-one tutoring if you need it.
- Work at your own pace.
- Open enrollment, so you may enroll at anytime during the year.
Students under 18 years old: All students under the age of 18 are required to meet with the Developmental Education Coordinator BEFORE applying or attending orientation. To schedule an appointment, please contact the SSC Program Assistant at 760-366-3791 ext. 5982.
If you are interested in any of these programs, please follow these steps:
- Apply online. You are required to apply to Copper Mountain College in order to enter our programs. For more information, visit our Apply Online page.
- Stop by the Student Success Center to fill out some paperwork. At this time, we will help you start the process of obtaining transcripts from any other high schools you have attended. Once we have reviewed your transcripts, we will determine which program is the best for you and we will make an outline of the courses you will need to take.
- Attend orientation. Our orientation will help you understand the course your learning will follow, as well as the process.
- Start learning and advancing! Stay positive and dedicate your time to completing this program! Set goals and follow through to stay on target! Because these programs are self-paced, it is up to you to complete them! We believe in you; believe in yourself!!