Prospective Students

    VISITORS: Please use Visitor Parking. If your  visit will exceed two (2) hours, please see Admissions & Records for a temporary parking pass and where to park.

    Copper Mountain College (CMC) offers many associate degree programs that that will lead to bachelor’s degrees, as well as strictly vocational degrees that prepare students to enter the workforce after completing their degree at CMC.  The College is regionally accredited, which means the units are accepted throughout the Nation. Many of our graduates have gone on to other public and private institutions alike.  

    Application for Admission to Copper Mountain College

    The first step in the Admission process is to complete the Application for Admission This process takes about 30 minutes to complete and the information is funneled into A&R's student database.


    Please see Admissions & Records for additional information. Student Checklist

    Transfer Units

    If you have completed courses at other institutions, please obtain a copy of your transcripts and bring them with you when you come to the Campus.  You may also have transcripts sent directly to us. Our address is: PO Box 1398, Joshua Tree, CA 92252.  Please send them to the attention of Admissions and Records.

    Assessment Testing

    If this is your first time attending college, you must take the college assessment test.  You may make an appointment to take it by calling Admissions at (760) 366-3791 ext. 4232.  New students are also required to attend New Student Orientation.  You can find out more about the orientation after you complete your assessment test.

    Financial Aid

    CMC offers a variety of financial aid programs including grants, work-study, scholarships and loans to full-time and part-time students. Financial aid is a supplement to the financial resources of the family and/or the student. Financial aid is designed to assist you in meeting your educational costs including fees, books (General Ernie Reid Bookstore), supplies, housing, food, transportation and miscellaneous education related expenses.

    It is recommend that students apply for Financial Aid.  You may do this at

    California State Residency Policy

    Residency requires actual physical presence within California for a minimum of one year prior to the first day of classes. A valid California Driver's License, voter registration proof or state income tax return is required to prove residency.

    Non-resident students who attended high school in California for three years and received a high school diploma or its equivalent are exempt from non-resident tuition.

    Military personnel are considered California state residents for tuition purposes. Military ID must be presented at registration.

    Military family members are considered California state residents for tuition purposes. Military ID must be presented at registration.

    Non-resident enrollment fees are $191.00 per unit plus $46.00 enrollment fee totaling $237.00 per unit for U.S. citizens who have not established California residency.

    High School Students, while enrolled in high school, may take courses at the college if deemed appropriate by the high school principal or designee and the student's parent or guardian. Candidates for admission must submit a completed Special Admission packet for K-12 students and their assessment results at the time they submit the college application.

    Criminal Background Checks

    Some academic programs at the College require a criminal background check.  Students should be aware that the results of the background check may have an impact on academic program eligibility or clinical/community site placement.  You may be denied access to a program on the basis of the results of the background check.  The College is required to comply with licensing requirements and with policies of our partner agencies.  If you have a felony or a misdemeanor in your background, please see your program director to discuss the impact on your academic and professional career.

    Additional Programs and Services Available to Qualifying Students

    ACCESS (formerly DSPS)



    Veterans Services

    Honor Societies

    Phi Theta Kappa: Beta Rho Pi

    Alpha Beta Gamma

    Graduation Requirements

    Students are responsible for meeting the full requirements for graduation as set forth in the College Catalog. Counselors assist students in planning their program of study, but the final responsibility for meeting education requirements rests with the student. Students must complete an Intent to Graduate Form the semester prior to graduation. The deadline for an  Intent to Earn an Associate Degree or Intent to Earn A Certificate is October 1st for Fall graduates and March 1st for Spring & Summer graduates.

    Apply for the AA/AS degree or a Certificate of Achievement by filling out an Intent to Earn An Associate Degree or Certificate. If you intend to receive more than one degree or certificate, please fill out one form per degree or certificate.


    Please be sure to have official transcripts from all the colleges you have attended on file in the Admissions and Records Office. Your degree cannot be conferred until ALL official transcripts with ALL degree applicable grades earned at all transfer colleges attended are on file. For more information, please call (760) 366-3791, ext. 4232.

    Whether or not you plan to attend the Commencement Ceremony, you must apply for a graduation evaluation of your records by March 1st, if you wish to have a May graduation date posted on your transcript.

    International Students

    The College does not currently have a program for International students.

    Study Abroad Program

    The College does not have a study abroad program.