Admissions & Records

    transcript_Logo TRANSCRIPTS AND GRADES
    VISITORS: Please use Visitor Parking. If your  visit will exceed two (2) hours, please see Admissions & Records for a temporary parking pass and where to park.

    College Email Address Reminder!

    This is a reminder the District has transitioned from using your personal email address to your college email address ONLY!

    ALL STUDENTS will receive their individual registration date and time at their MyCMC Logo Webmail.
    ALL Waitlist notifications will be sent to your MyCMC Logo Webmail.
    ALL information regarding Registration is emailed to your  MyCMC Logo Webmail.
    You can access your MyCMC Logo Webmail directly through the MyCMC Logo Portal


    Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we move forward in providing additional services to our students!

    Receive your CMC email notifications on your iPhone! Set-up directions are here: iPhone Email Instructions

    If you are currently on Academic or Progress Probation this Spring 2016 and do not get off Probation this Spring 2016:

    You may lose your Board of Governors Waiver for Fall of 2016 – Meaning you will have to pay the $46/credit enrollment fee.

    If you lose your BOG, options are:
    1.    Pay for your classes
    2.    Stay at home for 2 primary semesters
    3.    Go to another Community College for 2 primary semesters
    4.    Appeal – form is available with Counselors or A&R

    Regular Hours:

    Monday-Thursday 8:15a-5:00p
    Friday 8:15a-3:00p

    We are closed on all legal and college holidays.

    2016-2017 Academic Calendar

    2016-2017 Holiday Schedule - TBA

    Counseling Walk-in Appointments

    Major Change in State Priority Registration Policy - Effective Fall 2014

    Registration Priority shall be lost at the first registration opportunity after a student:

    • Is placed on academic or progress probation or any combination thereof; or
    • Has earned one hundred (100) or more degree-applicable semester or quarter equivalent units at the district or other higher education institutions.

    For purposes of this section a unit is earned when a student receives a grade of A, B, C, D, or P. The 100-unit limit does not include units for non-degree applicable English as a Second Language or basic skills. The 100-unit limit does not include units earned through credit by examination, advanced placement, or International Baccalaureate.

    Full Text

    Major Change in State Course Repetition Policy - October 2012

    The State of California has revised the regulations regarding limits on the number of times a student can repeat a course to improve a substandard grade (D, F) or after withdrawing (W) from the same course.

    Students with the grades of D, F, or W are limited to a total of three (3) enrollments in the same course. After this point, the student cannot retake the course at CMC.

    It is vital that you complete your courses with a “C” or better.

    If you currently have any courses with 3 or more attempts, you must complete these courses in the Spring of 2012. Otherwise, you will not be able to retake the course at CMC.

    Full or Closed Classes

    When a course reaches its maximum capacity, students cannot be added to the course. Maximum capacities for classroom courses are based on the maximum fire code capacity per each room where the course will be taught. Maximum capacities for online courses are based on faculty contracts and cannot be adjusted. Students who find that desired courses are closed are encouraged to check the Schedule of Classes to select an alternative section of those courses.

    Wait Listing

    Once a class is full, the next person trying to enroll will become the first person on the wait list and be the first person to be offered a seat in the class if someone drops or becomes an "instructor drop" for non-attendance. Coyote Tracks (student database) tracks who is next in line to be offered the open seat in the class.

    In order to be wait listed in a class, you must have a campus email address via the MyCMC portal. If you are the first person on the wait list and a seat becomes available, you will be notified via email, you will then have until the end of the business day, to come into Admissions & Records and register for that class or you can register for the class online through the MyCMC portal until 11:59 pm if no holds are on your student account.  There are no exceptions to this rule.

    Wait List Restrictions: Students are restricted to being either in a section or on one wait list for a section of that course. However, a student can be on a wait list for a Chem class and on a wait list for an English class, as these are not the same course. No multiple wait listing for the same course within different sections is permitted, but they can be wait listed on multiple separate courses.

    Students cannot "crash" a class! This is why we have wait listing.

    Auditing a course is not permitted.

    Application for Admission to Copper Mountain College

    The first step in the Admission process is to complete the Application for Admission This process takes about 30 minutes to complete and the information is funneled into A&R's student database.


    Student Checklist

    California State Residency Policy

    Residency requires actual physical presence within California for a minimum of one year prior to the first day of classes. A valid California Driver's License, voter registration proof or state income tax return is required to prove residency. Please see the Residency Determination Form for additional information.

    • State-mandated enrollment fee (in-state fee) is $46 per unit
    • Non-resident students who attended high school in California for three years and received a high school diploma or its equivalent are exempt from State-mandated non-resident enrollment fee.
    • Military personnel are considered California state residents for State-mandated enrollment fee purposes. Military ID must be presented at registration.
    • Military family members are considered California state residents for State-mandated enrollment fee (in-state fee) purposes. Military ID must be presented at registration.
    • Effective July 1, 2015: State-mandated non-resident enrollment fee is $278.00 per unit, for a total of $324.00 per unit for U.S. citizens who have not established California residency.
    • High School Students, while enrolled in high school, may take courses at the college if deemed appropriate by the high school principal or designee and the student's parent or guardian. Candidates for admission must submit a completed K-12 Concurrent Enrollment form, along with additional requirements, each semester. Please see the Student Checklist for those additional requirements.

    International Students

    The College does not currently have a program for International students.

    Criminal Background Checks

    Some academic programs at the College require a criminal background check.  Students should be aware that the results of the background check may have an impact on academic program eligibility or clinical/community site placement.  You may be denied access to a program on the basis of the results of the background check.  The College is required to comply with licensing requirements and with policies of our partner agencies.  If you have a felony or a misdemeanor in your background, please see your program director to discuss the impact on your academic and professional career.

    Graduation Requirements

    Students are responsible for meeting the full requirements for graduation as set forth in the College Catalog. Counselors assist students in planning their program of study, but the final responsibility for meeting education requirements rests with the student. Students must complete an Intent to Graduate Form the semester prior to graduation. The deadline for an  Intent to Earn an Associate Degree is October 1st for Fall graduates and March 1st for Spring & Summer graduates.


    Please be sure to have official transcripts from all the colleges you have attended on file in the Admissions and Records Office. Your degree cannot be conferred until ALL official transcripts are on file. For more information, please call (760) 366-3791, ext. 4232.

    Whether or not you plan to attend the Commencement Ceremony, you must apply for a graduation evaluation of your records by March 1st, if you wish to have a May graduation date posted on your transcript.

    There are two (2) types of certificates:

    1) State Certificate of Achievement: A State Certificate of Achievement is awarded at the State level, and is posted to the student's transcript. These include:

    • Accounting Certificate
    • Alternative Fuel Vehicles Certificate
    • Automotive Technology Certificate
    • Child Development, Associate Teacher Certificate
    • Child Development, Teacher Certificate
    • Computer Information Systems (CIS) Certificate
    • Computer Programming (CP) Certificate
    • Culinary Arts Certificate
    • Engine Performance and Driveability Certificate
    • Fire Technology Certificate
    • Steering & Suspension Service Certificate
    • Vocational Nursing (VN) Certificate
    • UC (IGETC) General Education Certificate
    • CSU General Education Certificate

    2) Local Certificate of Proficiency: A local certificate is a Certificate of Proficiency awarded at the local level, and as such, is not posted to the student's transcript. These include, but are not inclusive of:

    • Bookkeeping
    • Office Assistant
    • Graphic Design Technology
    • Photoshop with Animation
    • Web Design
    • Nurse Assistant (NA) Certificate
    • Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) I Certificate
    • EMT Refresher Course Certificate
    • Home Health Aide (HHA) Certificate

    Students receiving certificates generally celebrate their accomplishments separately with their class. You may file Intents to Earn a Certificates in the Office of Student Services.

    Honors at Graduation

    Copper Mountain Community College encourages scholarship among students through formal recognition of those who graduate with honors. Grade point average (GPA) is cumulative and includes all college work completed at CMC and elsewhere.

    To recognize academic accomplishment, students completing associate degree programs with prescribed cumulative grade point averages are recognized at the college commencement exercises and diplomas awarded, as honor students.

    Honor GPA
     Highest Honors  3.90-4.00
     High Honors   
     Academic Distinction  3.50-3.74

    Contact Information

    Admissions & Records
    Copper Mountain College
    6162 Rotary Way
    P.O. Box 1398
    Joshua Tree, CA 92252

    (760) 366-3791, ext. 4232
    (760) 366-5257 fax

    For general inquiries, please contact Lynda Burns. She can be reached at 866-366-3791 ext. 4232, or by email

    Office Location
    Student Services is located in the 300 Quad, next to Bruce's Coyote Kitchen.

    Hours of Operation
    Monday - Thursday 8:15am to 5:00pm
    Fridays 8:15am to 3:00pm

    We are closed on all legal and college holidays.